Poets & Players is a non-profit making organisation run by seven enthusiastic volunteers. Apart from the occasional fundraiser all our events are free. We are grateful to Arts Council England for funding.
The P&P team are: (in alphabetical order):
Suzanne Batty, Paul Bellamy, David Borrott, Simon Haworth, Janet Rogerson, Peter Viggers and Jeffrey Wainwright.
There are a number of individuals and institutions that we would like to thank for their continued support and collaboration:
- Chris Davies for his musical contributions to Poets & Players
- Lucy Viggers for her work on our bookstall
- Ian Carrinton and the International Anthony Burgess Foundation
- Cathy Bolton and the Manchester Literature Festival
- John McAuliffe at the University of Manchester’s Centre for New Writing
- Kelly Prause at Royal Northern College of Music
- Steve Meade and Sunny Baek at the Manchester Jazz Festival
Hi, I’m part of a band called The Amazing Clouds. We’d be interested in playing at one of your events. You can see a selection of videos on our Facebook page –
Could you let me know how to apply. Many thanks.
Apologies for the delay in replying. I’ll pass the links over to the team. Thank you for your message.
Is the upcoming P&P´s poetry competition international, i.e. open to submission from outside the UK?
Hi Perla, yes it’s open to those outside the UK. Good luck!